Breast Augmentation can enhance your appearance and help build your self-confidence and self esteem. The best candidates for breast augmentation are:
- Women, who are looking for improvement in their figure, are bothered by their feelings that their breasts are too small.
- Women who have small breasts or loss of breast volume following breast-feeding are typically good candidates for breast augmentation.
- Woman whose breasts have become smaller and lost their firmness after having children.
- One breast is noticeably smaller than the other.
- Weight loss has changed the shape and or size of your breast.
You should be in good physical condition and have realistic expectations to be a good candidate for the Los Angeles, CA procedure.
A breast implant is a silicone shell filled with a saltwater solution known as saline. If the implant leaks, the saline is absorbed into the body. This is the same as if the saline were given as an IV fluid. The method of inserting and positioning an implant is dependent upon factors based on the patient’s anatomy that are discussed with Your doctor at the time of the consultation.
The incision can be placed in a number of different locations and every effort is made by your doctor to assure that the incision is placed so the resulting scars will be as inconspicuous as possible. After the incision is made, a pocket is created either under the breast tissue or under the pectoralis muscle. This pocket is made just large enough to accommodate the implant. The implant is then positioned to give the best cosmetic result.
Following surgery, detailed instructions are given to the patient as to post-operative care and activity. All information regarding implants is discussed with the patient at the time of surgery.