Aging of the face is inevitable. As the years go by, the skin on the face and neck begins to loosen. The jaw line softens into jowls and excess tissue forms at the front of the neck. The rhytidectomy, or facelift, could improve your looks and self-confidence. As with all facial plastic surgery, good health and realistic expectations are prerequisites. The goal of the Beverly Hills Facelift™ is to improve the overall facial appearance. A facelift can help your face look its best and give you a healthy, more youthful appearance. A facelift is usually performed under general anesthesia, or in some cases, local injections of anesthesia with intravenous sedation can be used. A facelift cannot stop aging. A facelift will not improve fine wrinkles but when combined with dermal fillers.
How is A Beverly Hills Facelift™ Performed?
The Beverly Hills Facelift™ utilizes the talent and skill of Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Nassif. First, the neck is addressed. Liposuction is used to remove excess fat. If the neck muscle under your chin (platysma) is sagging, it is re-contoured into a more natural position. The facelift incision is begun in the area of the temple hair, just above and in front of the ear, and continues around the lobe, circling the ear, ending in the hairline behind the ear. In all cases, the incision is placed where it will fall in a natural crease of skin for camouflage. For men, the incision is aligned to accommodate the natural beard lines. The skin is raised outward, followed by repositioning and tightening of the underlying muscle and connective tissue. After trimming the excess skin, the incisions are closed with fine sutures and metal clips, and a dressing is placed to protect the entire area. The surgery takes approximately four hours.
Following the Beverly Hills Facelift ™ surgery, an overnight stay in an after care facility is recommended. Alternatively, an overnight nurse at your home may suffice. The dressing is changed the next day and then reapplied for one more day. The fine sutures are removed in approximately one week, and the metal clips are removed in two weeks. Even though most patients experience very little pain after surgery, the surgeon will still prescribe pain medication. Some degree of swelling and bruising is unavoidable, and you may be instructed to use cold compresses to keep swelling to a minimum. A short course of post-operative antibiotics and steroids are given to help prevent infection and excess swelling.
“ANTI-GRAVITY” FACELIFT (ENDOSCOPIC MID-FACELIFT)
The Anti-Gravity Lift is a procedure that lifts cheeks vertically opposite to the pull of gravity and creates a natural, younger and more rested looking appearance. Unlike other face lifts the Anti-Gravity lift leaves patients with no visible scars. The Anti-Gravity lift helps rejuvenate hollow lower eyes, pulls up the corners of the mouth and softens smile lines. In addition this technique has been known to restore fullness in the cheeks while helping to reposition sagging cheek lines. This is an ideal procedure for those in their late 30’s and early 60’s.
Endoscopic Midfacelift: Lifts cheeks vertically opposite to the pull of gravity.
- Flat, Sagging and/or Hollow Cheeks.
- Deep Smile Lines (nasolabial folds).
- Can be in late 30’s or early 40’s.
- Hollow lower eyes.
- Down-turning of the corners of the mouth.
- Done under general anesthesia, administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist.
- Performed through tiny incisions placed inconspicuously within the hairline of your temple and inside your mouth.
- The fat pads of your cheeks are repositioned up and over the cheekbones.
- Fat and deeper tissues are elevated to give a more youthful appearance.
- Tiny fiberoptic camera (endoscope) visualizes surgical field.
- This procedure is frequently performed in conjunction with eyelid surgery, endoscopic browlift or a necklift to achieve optimal results.
- The head needs to be elevated for several days following surgery to minimize swelling.
- Following surgery, discomfort is minimal and easily controlled by oral medication.
- Swelling and bruising subside over a few weeks.
- Sutures are removed in seven days.
- A natural, younger and more rested-looking appearance.
- Sagging cheeks are repositioned vertically – opposite to the pull of gravity.
- Softens smile lines.
- Lower eye hollowness is reduced.
- Corner of lips are elevated.
- Restores cheek fullness.
Paul S. Nassif, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a world-renowned facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon whose work has been featured on numerous international and national television and print media. He has been featured on such programs as NBC World Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings, CBS’ The Early Show, CNN, MSNBC, E!, EXTRA!, VH1, BBC, The Learning Channel and Discovery Health. Dr. Nassif has also been quoted in such publications as the New York Times, Associated Press (world-wide), The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Los Angeles Times among others.For a complete list of his media work, go to the Media section.